CANHEIT-TECC 2018 is Canada’s premier conference for higher education IT leaders and advanced research computing (ARC) experts. At this year's event, Globus will give a talk on "Efficient Research Data Management Using Globus SaaS," a presentation targeted for those new to Globus including both sys admins and non-technical end users. The session will focus on ease of use and minimizing overhead for system administrators tasked with deploying Globus endpoints on their storage systems. Topics include:
- Key features of the Globus service and how it may be used to deliver robust research data management services that span campus systems, national cyberinfrastructure, and public cloud resources
- Experiences from our broad user base to highlight the challenges in delivering scalable research data management services
- Key use cases and implementation takeaways
- Live demonstration of file transfer and sharing
- Overview of the requirements for making a system accessible via Globus.