We closed out 2022 by releasing support for migration of all Globus Connect Server version 4 deployment configurations. Today we are announcing that Globus Connect Server version 4 will be deprecated on July 31, 2023. Thereafter, support will be limited to security patches only. All support for Globus Connect Server version 4 will be discontinued at the end of 2023.
For those of you who have not yet migrated your Globus Connect Server version 4 deployment to version 5, we urge you to migrate now. We provide tooling that automates the migration process and ensures continuity of access for all users. Globus Connect Server version 5 represents a major evolutionary step in the Globus Connect Server architecture and has been the choice for all new Globus deployments since 2020. Here are a few of the new capabilities and enhancements Globus Connect Server version 5 offers to administrators, users, and developers.
- Secure management of protected data, such as higher levels of authentication assurance and audit logs.
- New connectors to support multi-cloud environments using storage offerings from Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Box.
- Convenient, immediate access to data using HTTPS.
- Support for multiple storage types with the same DTN pool and automatic backup and synchronization across DTNs.
- OAuth based access management architecture for better programmatic integration.
Because there are several notable differences between Globus Connect Server versions 4 and 5, applications that access Globus Connect Server version 4 will need to be updated to support version 5.
Our support team at email@example.com is eager to answer your migration questions or to provide migration guidance for your particular deployment configuration.
Globus Connect Server v4 Migration Guide
Guide for applications to add support for Globus Connect Server v5
Complete list of Globus Connect Server v5 guides
Not yet a subscriber, and want to try some of our premium features in Globus Connect Server version 5? Sign up for a FREE 90-day trial subscription here.