Globus for Microsoft Azure Blob Storage
Plug Azure Blob Storage into your research storage ecosystem with the Globus for Microsoft Azure Blob Storage connector.
Researchers can access their data in Azure Blob Storage via the same easy-to-use Globus interface they already use to manage data on other systems. Microsoft users can simply authenticate with Microsoft account credentials or have the Blob storage owner configure service principal credentials for a specific project.
Why Globus for Azure Blob Storage?
- Manage your research data with ease: With Globus for Azure Blob Storage you can easily move and share files of any size (including petabytes) between Azure Blob Storage and other systems, e.g. HPC centers, local clusters, or your laptop.
- Share data instantly: Simply click and share your Azure Blob files with collaborators using their existing institutional login or email—no need for them to request a Microsoft account.
- Streamline administration: Simplify user access to Azure Blob Storage while ensuring control and visibility into how your users access and store their data.
- Get more from your Azure Blob Storage investment: By making data management and collaboration easier for your researchers, your organization derives greater value from Blob storage.
- Use and manage Azure Blob Storage with the single, intuitive interface your researchers already know
- Move data fast between Azure Blob Storage and other resources in your storage ecosystem
- Easily automate data movement into and out of Blob storage for DR backups, data archives, and more
- Leverage your Microsoft investment by migrating data between OneDrive and Blob storage
- Support your enterprise data lake using Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2, a petascale extension of Blob storage optimized for analytics workloads
- Easily manage data in a multi-cloud environment—exchange or migrate data between Azure Blob Storage and Amazon S3 or Google Cloud
- Share data on Azure Blob Storage securely via industry-standard authentication/authorization, so users can work with HIPAA-regulated data (requires a Globus high assurance/BAA subscription)
- Connect Azure Blob Storage to your data portal, science gateway or other research application via Globus platform APIs
Globus for Microsoft Azure Blob Storage, Globus for Microsoft OneDrive
Microsoft offers massively scalable and secure object storage for cloud-native workloads, archives, data lakes, high-performance computing, and machine learning. Azure Blob Storage helps you create data lakes for your analytics needs, and provides storage to build powerful cloud-native and mobile apps.