Using Box storage for your research data? Now you can manage those files using Globus – easily, securely, and with no download size limits.
Globus for Box lets users connect Box to their research storage ecosystem via a single, unified interface. Now your researchers can move and share files of all sizes stored in Box using the same Globus interface they use to access other storage systems, enhancing the value of your Box investment.
Why Globus for Box?
- Broaden the value of your Box deployment: When researchers can plug Box storage into the established storage ecosystem and workflows they already use, your organization maximizes the use – and value – of Box as a storage resource.
- Simplify data management: Move, share, & discover data via a single, easy-to-use interface, with no size restrictions for file downloads
- Gain a unified view of storage: With Globus you have a single view across all your cloud and on-premise storage systems: campus clusters, XSEDE supercomputers, lab servers, scientific instruments, archival storage, and public cloud storage.
- Enable seamless management of protected data: Easily and securely move and share protected data (including HIPAA-regulated data) between Box and other storage systems on campus -- if you have a BAA or HIPAA agreement, you can use the Globus connector with no worries.
- Download files of any size—Globus has no restrictions on file sizes you can download from Box
- Share data using any email address—no need to create or look up Google accounts
- Efficient 3rd party transfer—move and share files from any internet connection
- Single, intuitive interface—use and manage Box with the UI you already know
- Streamlined install/config—get up and running in minutes
- APIs for automation and integration—add Box to your data portal, science gateway or other research application