Globus for iRODS allows researchers to access data from iRODS via Globus for efficient data movement. Data remains safely managed and virtualized by iRODS while being accessible and shared with the outside world. All you need is access to a web browser to initiate data sharing and transfers with the reliability and performance Globus is known for.
Why Globus for iRODS?
- Create data transfer nodes at the edge for easy data ingress and egress
- Share data efficiently for research collaborations
- Automate data ingest from any data source into iRODS landing zones
- Publish data for reference by journal articles or scientific publications
- Share data using any email address—no need to create or look up user accounts
- Efficient third party transfer—move and share files from any internet connection
- Single, intuitive interface—use and manage with the UI you already know
- Streamlined installation/configuration—get up and running in minutes
- APIs for automation and integration—add iRODS to your research portal, science gateway, data commons or other web application
Read the press release:
Globus Connector for iRODS