Welcome to the GridFTP-Lite Portal
GridFTP-Lite is a light-weight GridFTP that uses a SSH based authentication mechanism instead of Grid Security Infrastructure (GSI). Even though GSI is quite powerful and provides single sign-on capabilities, it is quite complex to setup and maintain. GridFTP-Lite can be used as a stand alone tool. You do not need to install all of Globus to use GridFTP-Lite. If you want to install or learn about the GSI based GridFTP, please visit this page
- Typical performance improvements range an order of magnitude higher than FTP and can jump to multiple orders of magnitude when striping or cluster-to-cluster data movement functionality is used.
- GridFTP-Lite provides a scriptable command-line client (globus-url-copy), a highly extensible server, and a flexible set of development libraries for custom solutions.
Here is some useful information for using GridFTP-Lite:
- Quickstart guide for GridFTP-Lite (GridFTP using SSH security)
- Quickstart guide for Anonymous GridFTP
- GridFTP-Lite Advantages
- Six compelling features of GridFTP-Lite
- Bandwidth Limiting