We are looking for a mid-level full-stack developer to join the Globus product team to build out capabilities for the Globus data management and automation platform. In this role you’ll work on product features end to end, from building out web applications for users, to driving enhancements to the backend services and developing new features on the Globus platform.
- Architecture and Design - Participate in the definition and documentation of requirements, architecture and design of complex systems, based on knowledge of relevant software technologies being developed and/or used in commercial and scientific communities.
- Software Development - Prototype, develop, test, code review, document, deploy and maintain high-quality software, including web applications, REST interfaces, command-line interfaces, and other client applications.
- Support - In collaboration with the Globus front line support, professional services, and other members of the product team, provide technical guidance on resolving customer support issues, as needed. Engage with pilot users and customers to provide technical support for adoption of product and support its use.
- Team Coordination and Professional Development - Engage proactively with other team members, both within the functional area and in other areas to design, develop and deliver quality products. Maintain a working knowledge of relevant software technologies. Participate in team coordination and development activities, including project planning, project reporting, and recruitment.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves day-to-day technical problems using standard procedures.
- Works with stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements for developmental programs. Receives a moderate level of guidance to design applications to meet University and business requirements.
- Performs other related work as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science or computer engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in software engineering and delivering large scale systems.
- Building web applications and APIs that power them.
- Building RESTful APIs.
- Cloud Computing (e.g., AWS).
- SQL databases.
- Web security technologies (e.g. SSL/TLS, OAuth2, OpenID Connect and PKI).
- HTTP servers (e.g., Apache, NGINX).
- Shell scripting (e.g., Bash).
- Agile (e.g. Scrum) development processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Standard software development applications and tools.
- Prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Work in a collaborative team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Confidentiality related to sensitive University matters such as, strategic initiatives, trade secrets, quiet periods, and scientific discoveries yet to be put in the public domain.
- Full design life cycle experience.
- Creating design documents, development specifications, and other development related documentation.
- Effectively articulate technical concepts, challenges and solutions, and engage proactively with team members.
- Work on a flexible schedule, which will include occasional late night and/or weekend hours.