With Globus for ActiveScale you get affordable private cloud storage for secure data collaboration.
Globus for ActiveScale, a premium connector for the ActiveScale™ object storage system from Quantum, provides a high performance solution for research data storage that’s simple to deploy and easy to use. Researchers gain a uniform interface for accessing, moving and sharing data and administrators gain a cost-effective, scalable and durable solution they can deploy quickly to help their researchers innovate faster. Globus for ActiveScale is on-premise, turnkey object storage system at a great price point.
Why Globus for ActiveScale?
- Enhances collaboration for researchers while reducing management burdens
- Saves time by simplifying the access and sharing of large amounts of data
- Increases data durability and integrity to ensure valuable data is protected
- Pooling of redundant, isolated storage resources under a single global namespace, for improved storage efficiency
- Transparent movement of infrequently accessed data to ActiveScale via automated lifecycle policies, freeing up high performance tiers
- 17 nines durability and site-level fault tolerance in multi-site configurations
- Robust data integrity checks occur automatically and transparently protect long-term archives
- Each object can tolerate up to 1000 bit-errors without data loss
- The system self-protects and heals requiring significantly less IT intervention compared to traditional storage systems