- Doc Structure
- A Globus Primer
- Globus Is Modular!
- Installing GT
- Platform Notes
- Migrating from GT2
- Migrating from GT3
- PDF version
- Best Practices
- Coding Guidelines
- API docs
- Public Interfaces
- Resource Properties
- Performance Studies
Table of Contents
The C WS Core provides a basic toolset in C for creating WSRF-enabled web services and clients conforming to the WS-Resource and WS-Notification specifications.
New Features in the GT 4.1.2 release
- Implementation of the 2004/06 OASIS WS-ServiceGroup working draft specification as an API and a service operation provider. Added support for service-side WSN.
- Command-line tools for accessing WSRF operations (WSN, WSRP, WSRL).
Other Supported Features
- Implementation of the 2004/06 OASIS WSRF and WSN (client) working draft specifications. Implementation of the March 2004 version of the WS-Addressing specification).
- SOAP transport over HTTP/1.1 for clients and services.
- Embeddable service engine with dynamic loading of service code.
- Automatic generation of ANSI-C stubs and service skeletons from Document/Literal WSDL schema and XML schema documents.
The following changes have occurred for C WS Core since the last stable release, 4.0:
- Implementation of WS-ServiceGroup as an API and a provider.
- Implementation of the Notification Producer operations, including support for Simple, Concrete, and Full TopicExpressions. The default service stubs will use a provider for this.
- Implementation of the WSRF QueryResourceProperties operation, including client and server-side serialization of XPath expressions. Support for TargetedXPathQuery dialect as used by Java WS Core.
- Local service invocations within a process bypass XML serialization.
- Improved WSDL parsing and type generation (support nillable types, xsd:token, etc).
- New command-line option parsing support in WSRF Core tools for implementing WSRF client programs.
- New command-line tools for common WSRF operations.
- Improved Makefiles for bindings packages created by globus-wsrf-cgen. Source lists are created at compile time from the schema, instead of being hard-coded into the Makefiles. Better handling of service-only, client-only, and types-only packages.
- globus_wsrf_resource.h missing c++ guards
- serialization of QName list attributes doesn't set namespaces correctly
- xsd schema parsing updates
- use globus_test for credentials when running java interop tests
- More friendly bindings generation for c++, external libraries
- cgen can't make CVS-friendly packages
- Bug 3208: C registryService bindings
The following problems and limitations are known to exist for C WS Core at the time of the 4.1.2 release:
C WS Core depends on the following GT components:
- C Common Libraries
- Pre-WS Authentication and Authorization (GSI)
- Globus XIO (used by C WS core for efficient HTTP and TCP transport)
C WS Core depends on the following 3rd party software:
Tested Platforms for C WS Core
- SPARC/Solaris 9/vendorcc32
- PowerPC/AIX 5.2/vendorcc32
- Mac/OS X/gcc32
Protocol changes since GT version 4.0
- SOAP messages conform to WSRF schemas instead of previous OGSI/OGSA schemas.
- WS-Addressing has been added to the list of supported standards, as defined by the WS-Resource Framework.
- HTTP/1.1 with 'chunked' transfer encoding is used by default.
API changes since GT version 4.0
- The 3.2 cbindings API is obsolete, with no overlap to the new API. Bindings APIs are now generated directly from WSDL.
- The underlying XML/SOAP messaging framework is also new, based on the libxml2 pull parser API.
Schema changes since GT version 4.0
- Schemas are completely new. The WS C Core implements the OASIS WSRF and WSN working drafts specifications (with minor fixes to the 1.2-draft-01 published schemas and with the March 2004 version of the WS-Addressing specification.)
Associated standards for C WS Core:
- XML Schema
- WS Security
- WS-Resource Framework
See C WS Core for more information about this component.