Table of Contents
These release notes are for the incremental release 4.0.7. It includes a summary of changes since 4.0.6, bug fixes since 4.0.6 and any known problems that still exist at the time of the 4.0.7 release. This page is in addition to the top-level 4.0.7 release notes at http://www.globus.org/toolkit/releasenotes/4.0.7.
For release notes about 4.0 (including feature summary, technology dependencies, etc) go to the WS GRAM 4.0 Release Notes.
WS GRAM in 4.0.7 includes both bug fixes and enhancements. Enhancements focussed on improving reliability by reducing the time for the service to reply to the client (bug 5935) and more efficient processing of job (bug 5937)
Additionally, this release is highly recommended for WS GRAM users in order to benefit from the scalability improvements made in processing notifications in the GT Java WS Core. WS GRAM clients submitting 100s or 1000s of jobs to a WS GRAM Service that relied on notifications for job status updates will see improvement in reliability and throughput. See the Java WS Core release notes for details.
Additionally, some important bug fixes were made in GT components used by WS GRAM for staging - RFT and GridFTP. See their release notes for details.
- Bug 5711:globusrun-ws error with -term +HH:MM option
- Bug 4275:globus-gram-local-proxy-tool fails on Solaris
- Bug 4597:Globus/Condor integration
- Bug 5822:Improve diagnostics for globus-scheduler-event-generator program
- Bug 5930:Make SchedulerEventGenerator.run() (Java) more robust
- Bug 5935:Make job creation slimmer
- Bug 5937:Add priorities to RunQueue
- Bug 5926:Cloning EPR's from stubs before storing them
- Bug 5928:Log an info statement when factory returns EPR of existing job
- Bug 3310:Inconsistency across components with respect to client command behavior.
- Bug 3865:Enhance RSL with Job Name
- Bug 3866:Support for parametric or array job types
- Bug 3892:Out of date performance data?
- Bug 3912:Rotation of gram_condor_log?
- Bug 4182:Improve Condor/Fork Job Monitoring for reliability and security
- Bug 4311:GRAM error log files
- Bug 4513:LD_LIBRARY_PATH should not be set if no library_path is specified
- Bug 4684:Loading persisted jobs with expired delegation resources causes stacktraces
- Bug 4751:GRAM2 GRAM4 Performance Comparison
- Bug 4787:no lifetime management for WS Rendezvous
- Bug 4790:stdout RP gets null
- Bug 4824:feature request: configurability of location where service writes PBS job scripts
- Bug 4833:command line program for service audit info
- Bug 4836:job submitted INFO level logging
- Bug 4864:environment variables containing '=' get escaped
- Bug 4918:user account details are cached even for unknown users
- Bug 4944:Multijob resources never yield to memory pressure and can't be destroyed
- Bug 5012:Container in livelock state for an incorrectly mapped DN
- Bug 5112:submitting job error
- Bug 5120:submitting job error with PBS
- Bug 5348:Missing documentation for job recovery information
- Bug 5397:GRAM4 recovery of persisted job resources needs to be reviewed
- Bug 5405:custom extensions in WS GRAM
- Bug 5414:Add globus_wsrf_gram_client_tools to 4.0 branch for 4.0.6
- Bug 5471:GRAM Jobs Hang in Unsubmitted State
- Bug 5525:Add support for OSC mpiexec (not MPICH2 command!) to PBS adapter
- Bug 5611:GramJob API changes to improve performace and efficiency
- Bug 5617:GRAM4 seg hangs with fork jobs
- Bug 5698:Allow a prologue/epilogue script for 'mpi' and 'multiple' jobs
- Bug 5712:Gram auditing: local_job_id format variations
- Bug 5713:GRAM auditing: Failed database connection loses audit records
- Bug 5714:GRAM Auditing: additional data in audit records
- Bug 5725:Gram auditing: housekeeping for the auditRecords database
- Bug 5770:GRAM4 auditing: inconsistent data in job_description column of DB
- Bug 5776:GRAM4 auditing: Need for an INFO log message
- Bug 5777:GRAM2 audting: database connection times out
- Bug 5778:GRAM2 audting: no error message on db update failure
- Bug 5859: Java GramJob getExitCode() always returns 0
Click here for more information about this component.