PBS Job Manager
1.22 This package contains the "pbs" interface to the GRAM Job Manager. It is a setup package; the script setup-globus-job-manager-pbs must be run to register a pbs job manager with the Gatekeeper as a service.
- Set the job manager service name to be NAME. The default service name for a PBS job manager is "jobmanager-pbs". See globus_gram_resource_manager_contact for information on how the service name is used by GRAM.
- Configure the job manager to treat the PBS scheduler as a scheduler for a single SMP machine. If this is specified, then the job manager will not attempt to use a remote shell to run the job on the hosts names in the PBS_NODEFILE. The default behavior for the pbs job manager is to treat the PBS scheduler as a cluster.
- Configure the job manager to act as a cluster of SMP machines. This is only relevant if the -non-cluster option is not given. If this parameter is present and the hostcount RSL attribute is not present in a job submission RSL, the job will be submitted with a request for
nodes. The default if this parameter is not present is 1.
count / cpu-per-node
- Configure the job manager to use the given remote shell command for starting jobs on a cluster. The default is to search the path for one of ssh and rsh (in that order).
The PBS job manager supports a few new scheduler specific options which may be included in job submission RSLs.
- Configure the PBS job manager to check for valid queue names at setup time, and put those in an RSL validation file for this scheduler. This will allow the Job Manager to validate that a queue named by the queue RSL attribute is one supported by PBS.
- email_address = email.com
- Set the email address to receive notifications. See the email_on_abort, email_on_execution, and email_on_termination attributes.
- email_on_abort = yes|no
- Send email to the job submitter (or the address specified in the email_address RSL attribute if present) if the job is aborted by the scheduler.
- email_on_execution = yes|no
- Send email to the job submitter (or the address specified in the email_address RSL attribute if present) when the job begins execution.
Split from the core of the Job Manager as a setup package.
- email_on_termination = yes|no
- Send email to the job submitter (or the address specified in the email_address RSL attribute if present) when the job terminates.
about globus |
grid research |
globus toolkit |